Thursday, May 10

Alameda Antique Fair

Under the scorching sun of 32 degrees Celsius I finally made it to the "famous" Alameda Antique Fair. Well known in the Bay Area and between designers, I decided to finally check it out. Although, not at 6 am.
i wish i had my won place to buy a bunch of these. the colors are fantastic!

Disappointing I have to say. Beautiful pieces but so many "faked" items and new furniture that got a coat of old paint. Prices were really high. If I was an antique buyer I am not sure if this is the place for me. Fun to look around but so pricey! Of course there were amazing pieces and inspiring artifacts but also a lot of faked Louis Vuitton bags that were just old and labeled as vintage.
craftsman's tool box. great color and simplicity
 Walking around I saw so many of the so called hipsters and young couples that try pretty hard to match their wannabe 80s outfit with their new Prada bad (needless to say the 5 day unwashed hair).  It makes me think that this whole new trend affected the market of antique in Alameda in a big way. Would it be easier to find the so called antique gems in a garage sale or flea market?

watermelon ice cream melting...
nick-nacks